Pokemon Trainers' Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A refuge for fellow trainers new and old. It does not matter if you started with Crystal Version or Pokemon X or Y, you are welcome here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Is anybody home?
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby Itcamefromhell Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 pm

» Should There Be A Remake?
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 am

» Let's Play "WHos that PKMN"
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 am

» The Return of Ganon
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 pm

» Cyntha has returned...
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sat May 10, 2014 11:35 pm

» The Daily Vine and News
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby Itcamefromhell Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:46 pm

» Manga VS. Actual PKMN
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:38 am

» Hoenn Gym Leaders
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:32 am

» Best Big Boss
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:00 pm

» Pokemon Z Mega Evolutions
Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Should There Be A Remake?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

Should There Be A Remake? Empty
PostSubject: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:54 pm

What do you guys think? Should there be a Hoenn remake? Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
https://pkmntrainersrefuge.forumotion.com
Misery
Admin
Misery

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:10 pm

I for one would be happy about a remake. I liked the Hoenn region, and I like 6th gen mechanics. R/S existed before the attack type split, meaning several pokémon couldn't make use of their typing because they had their stats aligned wrong (poor Absol...)

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they made another remake of the first generation for this very reason. FR/LG were just terrible as remakes.

Anyway, it would also give me an excuse to relive my Ruby version, which I haven't played in the longest time... but then again, I might just replay it on emulator.
Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 am

Haha. I rather agree, Misery, the Hoenn region indeed was a very good region. Required some exploring. Not an insane amount of exploring, but exploring nonetheless. I am curious as to how they would re-do Team Magma and Team Aqua, were a remake to come out.
Back to top Go down
Jigglywiggly

Jigglywiggly

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:25 am

No. Make a Hoenn sequel if we absoultely HAVE to revisit Hoenn again.
I just prefer new installments over remakes. For example, I'm very pleased with Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, which is a sequel of A Link to the Past. However, if it was a remake of A Link to the Past, I wouldn't have even considered buying it.
Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am

So, you're saying that we could ideally have a sequel to R/S/E? Sort of like Black 2 and White 2?
Back to top Go down
Jigglywiggly

Jigglywiggly

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:01 am

Yes. However, it's just wishful thinking. That's what I would prefer, but I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 pm

I do not see anything happening with the Hoenn region. Makes me sad because Ruby was the second video game I ever played.
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm a bit mixed about this.

On one side, I never really played Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald, so a remake of say maybe Emerald would be ideal for me because I barely played these games.

On the flip side, I know how boring a remake can be, take Platinum for instance, it's basically a Diamond and Pearl remake, and it's kind of boring because of that.

Then again, Diamond and Pearl was probably imo, not as good as say the Ruby and Sapphire era, I can't really say because I quit playing Pokémon before Ruby and Sapphire came out to spend time with my good buddy, Felix and his game, Golden Sun The Lost Age.

It would be three years about right before I started playing Diamond I got to play Sappire, in which I played Sapphire because I wanted a Seviper, in whom is one of my favorite Pokémon, I managed to trade for a Groudon with a friend in which she said I could have it because she was starting a new game.

Oh and I killed Kyogre in Sapphire, so by the time Heartgold was remade, I was glad to get my revenge and catch him there.

Yeah, the Heartgold and Soulsilver remakes are good examples of why Sapphire and Ruby should be remade, in fact actually I think they should just remake Emerald and have it be one game.

I hope customization would be part of it, because I don't like Brendan enough to not want to be him, in fact wouldn't mind if he was replaced with oh what the heck, just put Red or Ash in and keep May, it would be nice to see a updated Red.

Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:51 pm

You seem to be on both sides of the fence on this particular issue, Agatio.
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, kind of Soltur, but I'm kind of leaning more in a direction of remakes, especially after seeing what they did with Heartgold and Soulsilver, I think it'd be amazing to see Hoenn in a remake.

In fact Leafgreen and Firered were amazing compared to their originals because they had better graphics, remember how derpy some of the sprites looked in gen 1?
Back to top Go down
Itcamefromhell

Itcamefromhell

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 pm

I agree hehehe I think May and Brandon could use a touch up lol.
Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:00 pm

By "touch-up," do you mean complete re-design? I mean, Brandon has the hair of an old man! May is just meh. Brandon was disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Itcamefromhell

Itcamefromhell

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Yeah they could use new hairstyles and new clothes, I was thinking that May should have short/medium haircut and still have the bandana with some punk-damaged pants and that Brandon should have short ponytail and a very stylish anime bangs or something close to it. He could have a bandana also tied around his arm to have a little punk look. Ether that or something with a royal look XD.
Back to top Go down
Misery
Admin
Misery

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Platinum isn't actually a remake, is it? Just another edition of those games, right? That's what I always assumed, I never played it... ._.

And I have no idea what you guys are on about, R/S had the most awesome player character designs of all the games! Both for male and female.
Back to top Go down
Itcamefromhell

Itcamefromhell

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Played it and it seemed soo creepy and very disturbing.... Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
Jigglywiggly

Jigglywiggly

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 am

I think that's Brendan's hat. I also don't care for Brendan or May though.
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Guess what, Hoenn is confirmed, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming...
Back to top Go down
Jigglywiggly

Jigglywiggly

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:10 am

So not excited. Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 am

Well I am, I'm bored with X and Y, there's like nothing to do in those games, hopefully they have stuff like the Pokenav which was pretty much like Gold and Silver's telephone and maybe even a second quest after beating the Elite 4, I think it would be cool if Sinnoh was included in this game.

Yeah until then, if I'm playing Pokémon, its usually either Black, White 2 or my Soulsilver games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Remake?   Should There Be A Remake? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should There Be A Remake?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Trainers' Refuge :: Regions :: Hoenn-
Jump to: