Pokemon Trainers' Refuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A refuge for fellow trainers new and old. It does not matter if you started with Crystal Version or Pokemon X or Y, you are welcome here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Is anybody home?
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby Itcamefromhell Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 pm

» Should There Be A Remake?
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:40 am

» Let's Play "WHos that PKMN"
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 am

» The Return of Ganon
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 pm

» Cyntha has returned...
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sat May 10, 2014 11:35 pm

» The Daily Vine and News
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby Itcamefromhell Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:46 pm

» Manga VS. Actual PKMN
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:38 am

» Hoenn Gym Leaders
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby Jigglywiggly Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:32 am

» Best Big Boss
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:00 pm

» Pokemon Z Mega Evolutions
Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeby AgatioGanon Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Cyntha has returned...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

Cyntha has returned... Empty
PostSubject: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 am

For those who know already I had my Platinum game on hiatus for a while, but now it's time for Cynthia to make her triumphant return to Platinum.

First of all, yes I did beat Candice, easily, now it's time to go after Team Plasma, get the final badge, then complete this game once and for all.

I even changed my Avatar dedicated to my Cynthia run, it's Cynthia cosplaying as Dawn, this pic inspired me to name the trainer Cynthia.

The point of this topic is I might need help seeing I'm doing this game completely blind so please do give advice.

My team is

Garchomp
Gardevoir
Milotic
Togekiss ( used just for flying )
Lucario
Gengar

I sometimes swap these guys in

Torterra
Bibarel ( HM Slave )
Charizard ( fire type )

Also when I catch Giratina, I do plan on using him, bt mostly post Elite 4.
Back to top Go down
Champion Ivan

Champion Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah I wish I had Platinum. I had to deal with her having that Slug thing instead of her Togekiss
Back to top Go down
Soltur
Admin
Soltur

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 am

That looks like a solid team to me. How's it doing in battles?
Back to top Go down
https://pkmntrainersrefuge.forumotion.com
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 am

It's not a bad team, Soltur, it works.

The only problem I'm having is the grinding is intense, I'm in a point of the game where the levels are really cranking up.

Another thing, stupid Bibarel doesn't help, he pretty much gets in the way, stupid HM Slaves, I'd like to go after Team Plasma, but I'd like to go with 5 guys so I can use a Masterball on Giratina then check his nature, but stupid Bibarel already hinders me enough.

Btw, I have to ask, does the real in game Cynthia appear in the post game besides that one part where she is supposed to tell you about the Sinnoh legend then leave?

I'm asking because I don't want there to be two Cynthias and by this I'm thinking she doesn't unlike Diantha in X and Y in whom stands around in a café for all eternity, it's bad enough when she appears I have to pretend to be Dawn to make it less awkward.
Back to top Go down
Itcamefromhell

Itcamefromhell

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Looks interesting what move sets are you currently using for them?
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 pm

@ItCameFromHell, actually I been copying Cynthia's Pokémon with movesets the best I can.

The only Pokémon I replaced are Roserade, and Spiritomb, mainly because Torterra, which was my first Pokémon, is a better grass type than Roserade, and is especially good for taking out Bertha, and that Gengar named Gaspar you trade for in Snowpeak from that Beauty is a better Ghost type than Spiritomb, I used him in my Diamond playthrough.

I'm starting to think Hasty is a good nature for Gengar, I have a monster Mega Gengar with that nature in Pokémon X.

Therefore the movesets I'm using are

Garchomp:

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Slash
Dragon Claw

Gardevoir:

Psychic
Magical Leaf
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Milotic:

Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Water Pulse

Togekiss:

Fly
Aura Sphere
Water Pulse
Psychic

Lucario:

Aura Spere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Earthquake

Gengar:

Dark Pulse
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain

This isn't my final team though.

Gardevoir was pretty much a powerful Psychic type, pretty much her and Garchomp carried the team through the game, although it's starting to look as though maybe Gardevoir might not be needed on this team anymore.

Once I get the final badge, Mewtwo is joining the team, and this is the Pokémon that probably will replace Gardevoir.

I might also bring Torterra in the final team for it's grass ground combo, like I said very useful against Bertha because of that annoying Sandstorm.

Otherwise that's my team.
Back to top Go down
Itcamefromhell

Itcamefromhell

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Okay so I am taking it that your having great success with the move sets so far cause I think that is neat.
Back to top Go down
AgatioGanon

AgatioGanon

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Ok I have to admit this game isn't going very well, I been too busy either playing my main 4th gen game Soulsilver, my Pokémon X, or working on my Black game, which I'm doing pretty good with, I'm currently heading to Mistralton City in which Skyla is easy, she uses bird types which my Emboar and Zebstrika will make short work of.

Though I have 7 badges into Platinum, I never got the motivation to play it, especially considering whats next, I'm not too interested in seeing a bunch of Golbats and Team Galactic just down right sucks I never did care for them, I have to be honest, I pretty much just got this game because of the move tutors, I wanted to use them to get certain moves, but that isn't even working out too well.

I'm having trouble getting shards in 4th gen, I don't really like the underground in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, I usually like to rock smash to find them, but all I ever get is stupid Pokémon in the rocks, when I use Rock Smash, I want items, not Pokémon, this is why Geodude is one of my most hated Pokémon, Krabby too.

I will just have to say Sinnoh really isn't my favorite region, I did everything there needed to be done in Diamond as far as Sinnoh goes, and I just haven't been interested in continuing this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyntha has returned...   Cyntha has returned... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyntha has returned...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Trainers' Refuge :: Regions :: Sinnoh-
Jump to: